Updated 25 July 2022
1. Who we are
We are Zeus ‘n Hades BV, and we process your personal data as controller. This means that we are responsible for how we process and protect your data.
2. What we use your data for
We will use your data (collected online or in person), among other purposes, to manage your registration as a user, to manage your purchases of products or services, to respond to your queries, and, if you wish, to send you our customized communications.
3. Why we use your data
We have legal standing to process your data for various reasons. The main reason is that we need to process your data to perform the contract that you accept with us when you register and when you make a purchase or enjoy any of our services or functionalities. We also use your data for other reasons, for example, to respond to your queries or to send you newsletters that you have asked to receive from us.
4. Who we share your data with
We share your data with related or third party service providers who provide us with assistance or support.
5. Your rights
You have the right to access, rectify or delete your personal data. In certain cases, you are also entitled to other rights, such as, for example, to object to us using your data, or transferring your data, as explained in depth below.
- We are transparent about what we do with your personal data, to help you to understand the implications of the way in which we use your data, and the rights you are entitled to in relation to your data:
When we speak about our Website, we refer, in general, to any of the channels or means, digital or in person, you may have used to interact with us. The main ones are:
- Our Website, mobile Website, or mobile application (jointly referred to as ”Website”)
- In person, through whichever medium you are in contact with us.
1. Who is the controller of your data?
Your data controller is:
Zeus ‘n Hades BV
Postal address: George Gerswhinlaan 89B, 1082 MT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
E-mail address of the Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
In other words, Zeus ‘n Hades (“We” or “Us”), is the Controller of the data. This means that we are responsible for processing and protecting your personal data.
2. Why do we process your personal data?
Depending on the purpose for which we process your data from time to time, as explained below, we need to process one or other data, which will in general be, depending on each case, as follows:
- your identity data (for example, your name, surname, image, language and country from which you interact with us, contact data, etc.);
- economic and transactions information (for example, your payment or card data, information on your purchases, orders, returns, etc.);
- connection, geolocation and/or browsing data (for example, the location data, the device identification number or the advertising ID, etc.);
- commercial information (for example, if you have subscribed to our newsletter);
- information about your tastes and preferences.
|1||To manage your registration as user of the Website||If you decide to become a registered user of our Website, we need to process your data to identify you as a user of the Website and grant you access to its various functionalities, products and services available to you as a registered user. You may cancel your registered user account by contacting us through Customer Service.|
|2||For the development, performance and execution of the purchase or services contract that you executed with Us on the Website||
This purpose includes processing your data, mainly:
|3||To meet requests or applications that you make through the Customer Service channels||We only process the personal data that are strictly necessary to manage or resolve your request or application.|
|4||For marketing purposes||
This purpose includes the processing of your data, mainly, for:
|5||Analysis of usability and quality to improve our services||If you access our Website, we inform you that we will treat your browsing data for analytic and statistic purposes, i.e., to understand the manner in which users interact with our Website and with the actions we implement on other websites and apps, so we can improve our services In addition, we occasionally perform quality surveys and actions to know the degree of satisfaction of our customers and users and detect those areas in which we may improve.|
3. How are we legally permitted to process your data?
The legal terms on which we are permitted to process your personal data also depends on the purpose for which we process them, as explained in the following table:
|1||To manage your Website user registration as user of the Website||We process your data because this is necessary on the terms regulating the use of the Website and the specific underlying programmes that constitute a functioning e-commerce system. In other words, for you to be able to register as a user on the Website, we need to process your personal data, since we would otherwise be unable to manage your registration. We consider we have a legitimate interest to link to your account your purchases and the data collected through different channels of the Website about your activity. If you opt to use the access or login through a social network, we are legally permitted to process your data given the consent that you give when authorizing the assignment of your data from the social network.|
|2||Development, performance and making of the purchase or services contract||We process your data because their processing is necessary for us to make the purchase or services contract with you. Certain processing of data related to the purchase process is activated only because you request or authorize it. We consider that we have a legitimate interest to carry out the necessary verifications to detect and prevent potential fraud or fraudulent uses of the Website, for example when you make a purchase or return. We understand that the processing of these data is positive for all the parties involved: for you, as it allows us to put in place measures to protect you against attempted fraud perpetrated by third parties; for Us, as it allows us to avoid unauthorized uses of the Website; for all our customers and society, as it also protects their interest by ensuring that fraudulent activities are discouraged and detected when they do occur.|
|3||Customer Support||We consider that we have legitimate interest in answering the requests or queries raised by you through the existing different contact channels. We understand that the processing of these data is also beneficial to you to the extent that it enables us to assist you adequately and answer to the queries raised. When you get in touch with us, in particular, for the management of incidents related to your order or the product/service acquired through the Website, the processing of your data is necessary to perform the purchase contract. When your request is related to the exercise of your rights on which we inform you below, or to claims on our products or services, we are legally permitted to process your data for compliance with our legal obligations.|
|4||Marketing||We are legally permitted to process your data for marketing purposes due to the consent that you give us, for example when you accept receiving customized information through multiple channels, when authorizing the sending of push notifications in your device, when you configure it in the privacy settings of your device, when you consent through the cookies settings or when accepting the legal terms and conditions to participate in a promotional action or to publish your pictures on the Website or on our social networks’ channels. To offer you personalized services or to show you customized information, whether on our Website or those of third parties, as well as to engage in data enrichment we consider that we have a legitimate interest to conduct a profiling with the information that we have about you (such as your browsing, preferences or purchase history) and the personal data that you have provided us, such as the age range or language, since we understand that the data processing of these data is also beneficial to you because it allows you to improve your user experience and access the information in accordance with your preferences.|
|5||Analysis of usability and quality to improve our services||We consider that we have a legitimate interest in analysing the Website usability and the user’s satisfaction degree, since we understand that the processing of these data is also beneficial for you because the purpose is to improve the user and client experience and provide a higher quality service.|
4. How long will we keep your data?
How long we will keep your data will depend on the purposes for which we process them, as explained below:
|1||To manage your Website user registration as user of the Website||We will process your data for the time during which you remain a registered user (meaning, until you decide to unsubscribe).|
|2||Development, performance and making of the purchase or services contract||We will process your data for the time necessary to manage the purchase of the products or services that you buy, including potential returns, complaints or claims related to the purchase of the product or service in question.|
|3||Customer Support||We will process your data for the time necessary to meet your request or application.|
|4||Marketing||We will process your data until you unsubscribe or cancel your subscription to the newsletter. Likewise, we will show you personalized ads until you change your device, browser and or cookies settings so that permission to do so is revoked.|
|5||Analysis of usability and quality to improve our services||We will process your data occasionally for the time during which we proceed to carry out a specific quality action or survey or until we anonymise your browsing data.|
Notwithstanding the fact that we will process your data for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purpose in question, we will subsequently keep them duly stored and protected for the time during which liability may arise for their processing, in compliance with legislation in force from time to time. Once each of the potential actions is time-barred we will proceed to delete the personal data.
5. Do we share your data with third parties?
- financial institutions,
- anti-fraud detection and prevention entities,
- technological and analytical service providers,
- providers and partners of services related to logistic, transport and delivery and/or their partner establishments,
- providers of customer support related services,
- service providers and collaborators related to marketing and publicity, such as advertising agencies, advertising partners or social media that in certain cases may act as joint controllers.
For service efficiency purposes, some of these providers are located in territories outside the European Economic Area that do not offer a level of data protection comparable to that of the European Union. In such cases, we inform you that we transfer your data with adequate safeguards and always keeping your data safe, using the most convenient international data transfer tools, in example the Standard Contractual Clauses and any relevant supplementary measures. You may consult the content of such Standard Contractual Clauses through the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/standard-contractual-clauses-scc_en.
6. What are your rights when making your data available to us?
We undertake to keep your personal data confidential and to ensure that you may exercise your rights. Bearing that in mind, you may exercise your rights free of charge by writing us an e-mail to our email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), simply informing us of the reason for your request and the right that you wish to exercise. If we consider it necessary to identify you, we may request you to provide a copy of a document evidencing your identity.
Notwithstanding the purpose or legal basis we use to process your data, you have the following rights:
- To request access to your personal data that we hold.
- To request that we erase your personal data to the extent that they are no longer necessary for the purpose for which we need to keep processing them, as we have explained above, or when we are no longer legally permitted to process them.
- To request that we cancel or limit the processing of your personal data, which entails that in certain cases you can request us to temporarily suspend the processing of the data or that we keep them longer than necessary. If you have given us your consent to process your data for any purpose, you also have the right to withdraw such consent at any time. Some of the circumstances in which you may withdraw your consent are detailed in section 2 where we explain for which purposes we process your data. Should you not wish us to send information to third parties to show you ads, you can do it through several means such as changing your preferences on your device changing your preferences on your device, browser and/or cookies settings, reviewing the privacy policies and settings of the social media sites on which you have profiles or sending us an email to the above mentioned email address informing us of your request. When we are legally permitted to process your data due to your consent or for the purposes of a contract, as explained in section 3, you will also have the right to request the portability of your personal data. This means that you will have the right to receive the personal data that you made available to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-legible format, to be able to transmit them to another entity directly without impediments on our part. In addition, where the processing of your data is based on our legitimate interest, you will also have the right to object to the processing of your data.
Finally, we inform you that you have the right to file a claim before the responsible data protection regulatory authority, in particular, before the Dutch Data Protection Agency (https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en).
8. Information on cookies